As you prepare to recover from the holidays you may be looking for a healthy snack that is packed with protein. Fortunately, if you know anything about peanut butter trivia, you understand that peanuts and other nuts are a great option for healthy eating. From organic peanut butter nutrition to trail mixes that include peanuts and dried fruits, if you are looking for a way to make sure that you recover from the unhealthy eating of the holidays there are many great options.
Many peanut products come in organic forms, but are also available with taste enhancing options. From salted peanuts in the shell to the various peanut snack recipes that are available, peanut benefits are significant. In fact, you do not need to be an expert on peanut butter trivia to already know the benefits of providing peanut butter and similar snacks to your children after a long day of school.
Whether you are looking for a way to give your children a little extra energy as they head out the door for school in the morning or you are searching for a great after workout snack for yourself, peanut butter on toast or with raw vegetables is a great option. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the benefits of eating peanuts and other nut products:
- Peanut butter has to contain at least 90% peanuts in order to be labeled as such, according to FDA regulations.
- An average American eats more than six pounds of peanut products every year.
- Concerns about allergies are actually pretty limited. In fact, more than 98% of U.S. children can safely enjoy peanuts and foods containing peanuts, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
- Kids are often in a hurry to get out and play as soon as they get home from school, so a quick peanut butter snack is often the best option.
- Estimates indicate that 94% of American homes have at least one jar of peanut butter in the pantry.
- Diets often go by the wayside during the holidays, but high protein snacks like peanuts can help you get back on track.
- When you are looking for a fast way to get some energy after work and before working out, peanuts are a great option.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter, according to the National Peanut Board.
- Turkey fryer peanut oil is a product that continues to grow in popularity.
- Having a nutritional snack available can help you from eating junk food.
- Peanut oil may be stored for six months to one year if stored in a tightly capped bottle away from light and heat.
- Research indicates that global peanut production totals as much as 29 million metric tons a year.
- Organic peanut oil is a product that more and more cooks are using.
- There are four basic types of peanuts: Runners, Spanish, Valencias, and Virginias.
- Each one-ounce serving of peanuts contains seven grams of protein.
- Introduced more than 100 years ago, peanut butter made its debut at the St. Louis World?s Fair in 1904.
- No GMO peanuts on the market. In fact, today’s peanut is 99.9% identical to its ancestors.
Aside from the fact that peanuts are PACKED WITH PROTEIN there are a number of other nutritional reasons that they make great snacks. On top of the health benefits, peanuts are also very tasty and can be used in a number of snacks and recipes. Any peanut butter trivia list will let you know that this is the perfect snack to help you get back on track after a weeks of holiday meals.