It has been a long and difficult week.
After three days of state required student testing, the teachers and the parent volunteer organization wanted to find a way to celebrate the end of a week of hard work. And while the teachers were not especially willing to give up more teaching time, the idea of classroom ice cream parties seemed to be a great option. The parent group planned ahead and preordered ice cream cups printed with the school mascot and decorated with the school colors.
The paper ice cream cups are adorable, but the real treat was going to be the three popular flavors of ice cream and wide selection of toppings. In the end, the ice cream does not have any effect on how the tests scores will turn out, but it is a way to celebrate a week of hard work.
Finding a Way to Celebrate Life’s Big and Small Events Often Includes Ice Cream
We are a nation that likes to party. From birthdays to job promotions, celebrations are often more fun with a frozen treat. And while there are certainly more expensive and elaborate dessert options, ice cream cups are a universal way to connect with people of all ages. Consider some of these facts and figures about the way that ice cream is a part of everyone’s life, as well as the nation’s economy:
- 28.5 is the average number of times that Americans will consume ice cream this year.
- Vanilla remains the most popular flavor among consumers, according to a recent survey of International Ice Cream Association member companies. In fact, even with all of the other flavors that are available, vanilla remains the favorite of 28% of consumers.
- 90% of U.S. households regularly indulge in a sweet, frozen treat.
- 40% of Americans will eat ice cream in any given two-week period, according to research by NPD Group.
- 9% of all the milk produced by American dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- Not surprising, June is the month when the most ice cream is produced and sold.
We all like to help those we care about and love celebrate their special days and their accomplishments. Fortunately, ice cream is an affordable and tasty way to accomplish this!